A CSA consists of a community of individuals who pledge support to a farm operation so that the farmland becomes the community’s farm, with the growers and consumers providing mutual support and sharing the risks and benefits of food production.
Advantages for the consumer:
– Eat ultra-fresh food, with all the flavor and vitamin benefits
– Get exposed to new vegetables and meat cuts, new recipes, and new ways of cooking.
– Visit your local farm at least once a season.
– Find that kids typically favor food from “their” farm – even veggies they’ve never been known to eat.
– Develop a relationship with your farmer and learn more about how food is grown
When you buy a WINTER CSA share, your food will be delivered the first Wednesday of the month between November and May. You can pick up outside Melvin’s Market in Sisters at 2:30pm, Centennial Park in Redmond at 3:30pm and in the Market of Choice parking lot in Bend from 4:30-5:30pm.