Community Supported Agriculture
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a way to bring fresh, organic produce, meats, and grains directly from our farm to your table each week. CSA’s strive to develop an available local food supply, encourage land stewardship, and build a sense of community.
A CSA consists of a community of individuals who pledge support to a farm operation so that the farmland becomes the community’s farm, with the growers and consumers providing mutual support and sharing the risks and benefits of food production.
The local connection allows you to receive weekly what is seasonably ripe, which reduces waste and risk for the farmer, allowing us to focus on quality care of soils, crops, animals, co-workers and of our customer. To become a member download our form, fill it out and send it back with your payment. You will receive a confirmation email and more details as we approach the beginning of the season in May.
Advantages for the consumer:
– Eat ultra-fresh food, with all the flavor and vitamin benefits
– Get exposed to new vegetables and meat cuts, new recipes, and new ways of cooking.
– Visit your local farm at least once a season.
– Find that kids typically favor food from “their” farm – even veggies they’ve never been known to eat.
– Develop a relationship with your farmer and learn more about how food is grown
When you buy a CSA share at Rainshadow Organics, you can choose to collect your food weekly in Bend: Starting the first week of June, your food will be available at the downtown farmers market on Wednesdays from 3-7pm or the Northwest Crossings farmers market on Saturdays from 10-2