Whisk me off to Italy, and never bring me back! Here is a hearty rendition of a classic salad, and a lovely way to keep summer going. Ingredients:1.5 lbs. Chicken (I love thighs)8 oz. Fresh mozzarella1 cup loosely packed basil (3 or 4 large leaves per thigh)8 oz tomato (cherry or sliced)Salt and pepper to tasteBalsamic glaze/real balsamic to finishDirections:
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Pound out chicken thighs to ½ inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper
- On one half lay a slice of mozzarella and 3 to 4 basil leaves. Fold over.
- Arrange in a small casserole dish
- Top with cherry tomato (if using sliced, wait until after cooking to top chicken)
- Cook until golden brown. Roughly 45 minutes
- Serve with veggies of choice and finish with balsamic glaze