Ingredients for the Sauce:
Seeds of one large pomegranate, mashed
1 cup balsamic vinegar
Several sprigs of rosemary and thyme
3-300 cloves of garlic (depending on your preference), mashed
1 cup white wine
1 cup stock of choice
Ingredients for the Dish:
2 large fennel bulbs
6 U-10 diver scallops
2 shallots, sliced 1/2 in. thick
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. slice fennel bulb and shallots into 1/2 in strips
3. Toss with a little avocado oil, salt and pepper.
4. Roast until golden on a cookie sheet (silicon mat does wonders here) with crispy brown edges, about 50 minutes
5. Add all sauce ingredients to a pan and reduce on medium heat to one cup liquid. Strain out herbs and seeds. Set aside.
6. let a nonstick pan get hot. Add butter and seasoned scallops. Sear in brown butter one minute on each side. (Or use bacon fat, but I promised I wasn’t going there this time)
7. Assemble fennel. Top with 3 scallops. drizzle with pomegranate balsamic reduction.
Seriously one of my favorite dishes. Light, aromatic, flavor packed.