If I go to one more summer party and see another veggie tray with raw carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, and unripe cherry tomato alongside flavorless ranch dressing, I’ll just die. And you don’t want to be the person who everyone rolls their eyes at when you walk in with just exactly that tray, right?! Excellent, because I have the remedy. This is an incredibly easy dish that takes very little time to make, and I’m sure the party praises you’ll be sung will last far longer. I actually had to knock people’s hands away from the dish so I could get a photo before it was gone, which I guess speaks to its yum factor, so… let’s get to it.
- 1 head cauliflower
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup good quality olive oil, divided
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Steam cauliflower in InstantPot for 5 minutes on a steam insert -or- steam traditionally in a sauce pan, covered, on a steam insert for 15 minutes or so, until tender.
- Chop and add to food processor
- Add all other ingredients, less ¼ cup olive oil and parsley
- Puree until smooth and creamy
- Top with ¼ olive oil and parsley