Tender, flaky, sourdough scones with fall spices and sweet sugar pie pumpkin.
400 g. Rainshadow Organics red winter wheat flour
50 g. raw sugar (or sweetener of choice)
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
80 g. frozen butter
300 g. pumpkin puree
250 g. 100% saturation Rainshadow Organics sourdough starter
100 g softened butter
1 tsp. smoked sea salt
30 g. real maple syrup
1. Mix together all dry ingredients
2. Cut in small pea sized pieces of frozen butter with a pastry cutter until ingredients are crumbly
3. Add home roasted sugar pie pumpkin and sourdough starter
4. Mix until dough just comes together (add a little flour if it is too wet, a little water if it’s too dry) Do not kneed dough. You do not want to activate the gluten.
5. Pat out dough an inch thick on floured parchment lined cookie sheet and cut into 8 even pieces
6. Bake at 425 degrees F about 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown
1. Combine all ingredients with immersion blender until smooth. Chill in the fridge until desired texture is achieved.