1 lb. hollow roasted squash (I used blue banana)
1 bunch beet greens, washed and finely chopped (roughly 200 g or one packed cup)
1 bunch arugula washed and finely chopped (roughly 200 g or one packed cup)
1/2 cup veggie or animal stock
1/4 cup heavy cream
4 cloves minced garlic (I use garlic confit)
1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
nutmeg, salt, pepper, chili flake to taste
A few tsp. freshly chopped parsley
1. Cut banana squash in half width-wise. Hollow out seeds with a spoon.
2. Cut into 2″ tube sections
3. Lightly rub or spray with oil of choice and roast at 400 degrees on a foil lined cookie sheet for 1 hour. (possibly 15-20 min more if the squash is thick)
4. Sautee beet greens, arugula, and garlic on medium heat with 1/2 cup stock until wilted and stock evaporated. (roughly 5 minutes)
5. Add 1/4 cup cream and cook an additional 3-4 minutes
6. Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture together, adding a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
7. Spoon creamed greens into cooked squash cylinders.
top with grated Parmesan, and a small pinch of chili flake (optional for a bit of heat)
8. Place in the broiler for 3 or so minutes to melt and brown the Parmesan.
9. Use a spatula to transfer stuffed squash and greens to a plate.
10. Top with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!