If you’re anything like us, you are overwhelmed by all the un-trustworthy food out there. You need to eat and you need food you can trust. It doesn’t help that as of 2017, only 27% of surveyed CSA farms in the U.S. were Certified Organic. This percentage has dropped from 46% Organic CSA providers in 2001. At Rainshadow, we are committed to our organic roots and provide you with Certified Organic ingredients for your wellness and peace of mind. In fact, we are the only Certified Organic farm in Central Oregon who provides a CSA share program.
Now you might be thinking, what exactly does this Organic Certification entail? What does Rainshadow actually do to ensure they farm organically?
Our Organic Certification means that we:
-Never spray any chemicals or pesticides
-Comply with all USDA organic standards and maintain our certification through an annual third-party audit.
-Use only saved seed from our farm, or certified organic seed which is never treated with chemicals or genetically modified.
-Focus on soil fertility through our use of cover crops, soil testing, and soil conservation practices
-Use mechanical and physical practices to remove pests and weeds
Click here for more info on Organic Standards
Everyday, our farm crew implements these organic practices. The amount of grit and perseverance of our farm staff is evidenced by the soil on their hands and the sweat on their brows. This work matters to us. This work matters because we care about the health and wellness of ourselves and our community. This includes the regeneration of our land and the sustainability of our kitchens. We believe that you have the right to our Organic Certified food. Joining our 2019 Summer CSA will provide you with nutrient-dense, chemical free food and a way to give back to the land.
Here is what our CSA package offers:
- Small and Large vegetable shares every week
- Small and large Meat shares every other week.
- Conveniently delivered to Bend Farmers Market from 2-6pm
- Organic Certification for peace of mind
- Direct relationship with you farmer
- Full access to the farm, its property and gardens.
- Weekly newsletter with news from the farm, recipe ideas, food storage and preservation tips.
- NEW! Exclusive access to our private facebook group of engaged members and farm staff, sharing recipes and suggestions.
- First priority for EGG reservations!
- Customer appreciation days. Gleaning and music and pizza.
- Home Delivery add-on for anyone in Bend City Limits
- NEW! Payment plan option to offer you easier access to food security